Tuesday 8 May 2018

More at COAM

Taking advantage of the weather, I left the light on again at the museum, this time at the other end of the site from where I've been so far this year.
Several new species for my year list included Cochylis atricapitana, Orange Footman, Broken-barred Carpet, Red Twin-spot Carpet, Scorched Carpet, Maiden's Blush, Lesser Swallow Prominent, Bee Moth, Yellow-barred Brindle, Flame Shoulder, Purple Thorn, Chinese Character and Marbled Brown.

Also the tiniest Streamer I've seen, more the size of a pug than a normal streamer. Best I can do for a size comparison is a very standard-sizer Cockchafer!



Finally, can anyone suggest an id for this micro (I do still have it and will try for a better pic, but for now...):


and this caterpillar:


Dave Morris, Chalfont St Giles

2 comments:

  1. The micro is a Phyllonorycter species, Dave, but that's about as far as I can go from that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dave. I have the corpse it seems, so hopefully that'll help!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.