Wednesday 18 October 2017

Red-green Carpet

No Vestal here yet and in the torch light at 6:30 this morning I hoped this might be something new.
However in the daylight it seems to be just another Red-green Carpet but with a much greater contrast than usual between the central cross-band and the rest of the wing.


With Sprawler, Phyllonorycter messaniella and Caloptilia stigmatella added to my garden list in the last few nights I should hopefully reach 400 species for the year.
Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon.



1 comment:

  1. That's a smart moth - I don't think I've ever seen one quite as brightly marked as that before. The "form" that I do often get is entirely green and black with no sign of red (usually females).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.