Monday 2 October 2017

Confirmations please

Seem to be getting a number of odd forms of moths at the moment, most of the Beaded Chestnuts seem to be largely plain, I think the first moth is a more typical form.

Then the next one is a less veined version of Lunar Underwing which varies from orange brown to buff to various greys here.

Finally the last one is I think ab. flavescens of a Sallow, the first Sallow here and rather pretty.

Also NFY were a Vapourer and Feathered Thorn.

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford






3 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, You seem to be getting more variance than I am. I'd agree with 1st & 3rd but I would go for Beaded Chestnut for the 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, I'd go with Beaded Chestnut for the second one.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.