Tuesday 4 July 2017

Museum Micros

Left a light on in a different area of the museum last night. The haul was by and large micros of various shades of grey and brown. NFY were Dingy Footman, Ear Moth agg., Hypsopygia costalis (Gold Triangle), Pterophorus pentadactyla (White Plume), Acleris forsskaleana, Batia lunaris, Carcina quercana and some other stuff that may end up on Peter's chopping block...

Now for the photos: Is this some dark form of Archips podana, or something else?




I'm sure I've had this in previous years, but can't for the life of me remember what it is (noticeably large):
This seemed quite large as well:
This one I'm thinking Metneria lappella, but would appreciate opinion:
Not sure what these are. Tiny, though. Are they the same sp?:



Dave Morris, Chalfont St Giles


2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave, that's still Archips podana for me. The next is a Cnephasia (probably stephensiana if it was large, but it still needs dissection), then Morophaga choragella, a Metzneria species, possibly a very worn Blastodacna hellerella and I don't know what the last one is.

    ReplyDelete