Wednesday 12 July 2017

Catching up

Having been away for a few days and missed most of the recent warm spell I was only able to trap on 4th and 10th July. The catch on 4th was perhaps most notable in that there were 33 Muslin Footman second only to Common Footman in numbers. On 10th there were quite a few new species for the year including Marbled Green, Short-cloaked, Yellow-tail, Lesser Broad Bordered Yellow Underwing, Marbled Beauty, Dingy Footman, Small Dotted Buff, Black Arches, Large Emerald, Phoenix, Lesser Yellow Underwing, July Highflyer, Mouse and Nut-tree Tussock (second brood I assume).


I would appreciate some help with the following couple of Crambids, a Batia which at 5.5mm I assume is a largeish lunaris and a what I assumed was Celypha lacunana but the longitudinal streak is not clear.




Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon

1 comment:

  1. Yes to Celypha lacunana, then Eudonia mercurella then Eudonia lacustrata

    ReplyDelete