Wednesday 14 June 2017

Orange-tailed Clearwing

As Dave has reminded me of Clearwing lures, I tried out my VES in the garden yesterday hoping to get Yellow-legged which has alluded me so far.  It still has, but a single Orange-tailed did appear.  I've had these before and this one didn't linger so no photo I'm afraid.

I do wonder what the shelf life of these lures is.  The ones I am using must be at least 5 years old and I use them every year usually with some success.  Storing them in the freezer as recommended obviously helps, but I keep thinking I should renew.

Adam Bassett
Marlow Bottom

2 comments:

  1. i'm past 10 years and often have mine out of the freezer for 1-2 days at a time and they still seem to work but whenever nothing turns up I do think exactly the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know Marc. Plenty of life left in them yet then :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.