Sunday 14 May 2017

Not a bad night; plus Treble-bar query

Absolute numbers in our garden in Wolvercote, Oxfordshire, remain a little low -- probably a combination of still quite cold nights and mainly using an actinic bulb -- but the night of 13th May had some goodies: first White Ermine and Setaceous Hebrew Character of the year, along with a Pebble Hook-tip -- not by any means annual in the garden -- and a Light Brocade, which, assuming I've IDed it correctly, is a garden first.

Light Brocade, 13/5/17

Pebble Hook-tip, 13/5/17
From a few nights ago, I had the specimen below, which I'm inclined to think is a Treble-bar, as opposed to a Lesser Treble-bar: it got away before I had a chance to inspect its abdomen, but the markings seem more in line with the Treble-bar to me. Any thoughts on that? -- it may, of course, need to be recorded as an either/or.

Possibly a Treble-bar, 11/5/17
Steve Goddard

2 comments: