Thursday 30 March 2017

More moths, more puzzles



A handsome Brindled Beauty came calling last night along with two Twin-spotted Quakers, to keep my tally of new arrivals for the year healthy. I know it's dim of me after you've only just ID-ed a White-marked for Mark, but may I ask if this is another one, above?

I also append two terrible pics, one of what I take to be an Early Thorn (which scampered immediately afterwards) and the other of a Plume which I imagine is unidentifiable from this image. Finally, I am wrestling with the micro at the bottom...  Many thanks for any help as ever, in advance.  Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon




2 comments:

  1. Good morning Martin,
    The first image it depends which moth you are referring to. You have a White-marked and a Hebrew Character.
    The plume image is dreadful, but likely Emmelina monodactyla
    Wings up and closed like a butterfly = Early Thorn.
    Finally it looks like Depressaria chaerophylli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect - many thanks, Peter. I am trying with the micros but it's uphill work...

    all v best

    M

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.