Saturday 4 March 2017

A couple more, one of them nicely on time


My modest 2017 tally of two - Pale Brindled Beauty and Hebrew Character - has been doubled, I think, by this March Moth and a Spring Usher - below, I hope correctly identified. I originally thought that it was a PBB but was put right by a commentor on my own blog.  The March Moth may have been one of two or even three as I opened the trap indoors because of the rain, found one MM and released it outside, but later spotted (or rather Penny, Mrs W, spotted) one on our kitchen ceiling and later on, one on the bedroom ceiling. The last two may have been the same moth, so I was visited by either one (which somehow got back indoors), two or three. Such are the perils of compiling data. Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon


No comments:

Post a Comment