Friday 7 October 2016

Autumn in Sibford



Only 14 moths last night (7 species) but my first 2 November Moths (agg) as well as 2 Green-brindled Crescent and the micro shown in the second image. Just under 6mm in length - maybe Caloptilia rufipennella?




November agg.


Caloptilia rufipennella ?

Perhaps I could also check that this is a Flounced Chestnut. Caught last week just south of Keynsham in a friend's garden. It is not a species I have encountered previously.






Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy, I agree with both Caloptilia rufipennella and Flounced Chestnut. The latter seems close to disappearing altogether locally now (unfortunately Keynsham is well outside our area of interest!). In Bucks we have only about half a dozen post-millennium records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I hope you didn't mind me checking the Flounced Chestnut - a pity it wasn't from my garden!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.