Monday 12 September 2016

Bits and pieces

Last year, I was alerted to the presence of a Red Underwing roosting high up on a telegraph pole around the lake complex at Little Marlow.  I think that it had flicked its wings.  Today I was passing the same telegraph pole and reminded of the previous year, I scanned it with my bins and found another Red Underwing in exactly the same spot.  It wasn't accessible for a close up photo, so I took one at about 50 yards range with my phone through a telescope - bet you don't see many taken like this :)

Also, I've seen a couple of interesting local items on twitter today and am not sure if news has filtered through or not.  Firstly, two Convolvulous Hawkmoths in the same garden in Woodley, Berkshire last night came via the migrant lepidoptera feed:

https://twitter.com/lacanobiafoot/status/775338034384474112

Secondly, a report of Cydalima perspectalis caterpillars in Gerrards Cross decimating box pyramids:

https://twitter.com/Robbirder/status/774647115150745600

Adam Bassett
Marlow Bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.