Saturday 11 June 2016

A couple of micros and carpets

As I was awake at 4:30 this morning I decided to turn my trap off only to find a female blackbird polishing off the moths around the trap! Certainly an early bird! I did manage to rescue 11 Scorched Wings and a few others. Inside the trap I had 6 micros that were new to me and would appreciate help with these 2 if possible.

 This one escaped when I tried to get a better photo.





 I am also still struggling with these carpets. Any help most welcome.

Andy Newbold, Sibford Ferris, Oxon

3 comments:

  1. I set my alarm for 3.40am at the moment...! Your micros are Tinea trinotella and Ptycholoma lecheana. I'll let someone else comment on the Carpets but the top one looks to me like Spruce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you once again. I am normally out by 5am when I run the trap but it clearly isn't early enough to beat the birds at this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about probably Spruce Carpet and probably Grey Pine Carpet, but note the 'probably' ?
    Andy.

    ReplyDelete