Monday 16 May 2016

Quality Over Quantity in Central Oxford

I'm going to stop going on about how crap my garden is for mothing as I'm sure it's boring people but I'm still struggling with numbers. Last night I had a total of eight moths but what I lacked in quantity I made up for in quality in the form of a nice Toadflax Brocade. I know that this species is becoming increasingly common in the recording area and I've had several in my garden before but it's still a "good moth" in my book! Also of note, a Least Black Arches and a Pug that I think is a Common but would appreciate confirmation/correction on.

Adam

Toadflax Brocade
Common Pug?

2 comments:

  1. Most of us are having poor garden results at the moment, Adam - you are certainly not the only one.

    Toadflax Brocade would be a good moth in my book too. I'm sure it'll get to my garden one day but seems to be populating built-up areas at the moment. Not 100% sure about the Pug but you are probably correct with Common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am supposedly in the countryside Adam and I only had 11 last night but it seems to be quality rather than quantity. Iron Prominent and a Least Black Arches as well being the pick.

    ReplyDelete