Thursday 12 November 2015

Slender Burnished Brass

The second Oxon VC 23 Slender Burnished Brass came to MV at Middle Assendon last night. The first record was in 1969 caught by Kettlewell. That's not counting the one that came out of a bunch of flowers in Witney in 2009. Wayne is happy to show it to anyone who wants to see it today. If so please email me and I will forward your message.


This and the gilvata prove what Dave was saying - keeping trapping - you never know. Wayne also had vitrealis last week. He's using one of my Robinsons

- I must remember to mark it as the lucky trap !

Martin

4 comments:

  1. What an excellent find, well done. I may move back at this rate, my recent migrant haul has been a single ferrugalis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame really - if the moth hadn't been intercepted in Assendon it would only have needed to keep flying for another 60 seconds to get into Bucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, but how do you know which direction it was flying in??

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.