Wednesday 22 April 2015

Lunar Marbled Brown

I had a first for my garden last night - a single Lunar Marbled Brown.


There were only 19 moths in total in last night's trap, but several were new for the year - Brindled Pug (1), Herald (1), Pebble Prominent (1), Brindled Beauty (1), Flame Shoulder (1), and Gracillaria syringella (1). The most numerous was Hebrew Character with a grand total of 3 individuals.

With regard to Emperor Moths, I have had 4 different females flaunting their wares in my garden at various times, but to no avail. I guess there are just no males around where I live.

Steve Trigg, Cookham

1 comment:

  1. That's a great shame about the Emperors, Steve. As Marc says above, this year seems to have been rather better than average for "assembling". Here in Bucks I've had success virtually everywhere I've tried it, adding a total of eight more previously unrecorded 10km squares.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.