Monday 29 September 2014

Little but Large?


Thanks very much for help with recent queries - may I now seek advice over this arrival in the Robinson trap this morning? My best guess is a small Large Wainscot if you see what I mean. I don't think that I have seen its like before. Otherwise things are good and varied with Light Emerald, four types of Sallow - Orange, Pink-barred, Centre-barred and plain Sallow - Blair's Shoulder-knot, Spectacle, Shuttle-shape Dart and Burnished Brass coming regularly, in addition to all the Lunar Underwings and Daddy Long-legs which others are also enjoying. Many thanks. Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Martin,

    Small Wainscot, a moth that seems not to have put in too many appearances this year so far but is usually fairly common. I also caught one over the weekend in Bagley Woods which was only the second or third I've seen all year anywhere and a long time (well over a month) after the last one I saw. BW, Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Marc. That's a new one for me. All v best, M

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.