Monday 28 July 2014

Trap Envy

I've very envious of Steve and Xander's 400+ catch at Wolvercote over the weekend. A mile or so south of there here in central Oxford things have been rather quiet with only four New for Year moths achieved, namely Shaded Broad-bar, Broad-barred Yellow Underwing, Acrobasis advenella and Euzophera pinguis. I do have a couple of queries which could well also be year ticks if they prove to be what I think they are.


The first I'm thinking is Bryotropha domestica and the second I'm thinking is Parornix scoticella judging by its white palps and tuft.

Adam Hartley

Bryotropha domestica?
under-exposed Parornix scoticella?...
...and over-exposed Parornix scoticella?


1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure you will get anyone on this blog to id a Parornix from a photo. Generally they get chopped

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.