Monday 14 July 2014

ID Confirmations

From the last few days - includes a couple of macros that stumped me but I'm sure they are obvious - plus a couple of micros that might not be identifiable from the pictures.

I think the first two a Common/ Lesser Common Rustics.

The next one Agriphylla tristella.

The perhaps a Cnephasia?

Diamond Back Moth

Dusky Sallow

I thought originally the next one was a Riband Wave - but the dots are in the wrong place? But can't find anything else that fits.

The next macro stumped me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to pot it so I've left in a "friend" for some size perspective.

Finally one of the bird dropping micros but the pic is poor.

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford.










4 comments:

  1. Hi Mark - I agree with 1,2,5,6 - 3 is probably tristella, 4 is Cnephasia sp (possibly incertana but needs dissection), 7 is Riband Wave, 8 is Pale Mottled Willow and 9 is Eucosma campoliliana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything that Adam has said. The third is indeed Agriphila tristella which is just out now (take care with your spelling!!) and the Cnephasia will need dissection to confirm the species.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second Common/Lesser Common Rustic is a very good candidate for the Lesser Common Rustic, but does need chopping to be sure of course.

    ReplyDelete