Friday 11 July 2014

ID Confirmations Please.

Not a bad night last night - I still need to work through the micros bu the macros up for checking are firstly a Lesser Broad Bordered Underwing - I have an underside view which suggests looking at the UK moths site that it isn't Langmaid's.

The a V Pug.

Then some Footmaen, the first I'm fairly sure is an Orange Footman, the next two I'm not sure - they seem more angular and more obviously buff with an orange border.

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford.






2 comments:

  1. Correct for the first 3 images. If you think you have a Langmaids YU I think a specimen would be needed for verification.
    For the footmen, I'd say the first is form stramineola of Dingy (bit too late for Orange and the wing shape is not right). The second two are Buff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Martin, I have no view either way on the lesser broad borderd yellow underwing - I'm happy to record it as that.

    ReplyDelete