Thursday 24 July 2014

Confirmations and IDs please

These are from last night except for the last one.

I think I have;

Bird Cherry Ermine - on the basis of the number of dots
Dusky Thorn (no kink in the cross line)
Caddis fly or maybe Nematopogon?
Pyrausta aurita
Crassa unitella - but the antennae look wrong (2 pics)
Caddis fly or Nematopogon?
Least Carpet
Mouse Moth

Re the last one - repost - I assume this one isn't a Bird Cherry Ermine as it has less spots but maybe we can't go further than that. But even saying it's not a Bird Cherry Ermine would be useful as I can then seperate out Bird Cherry vs Small Ermine group (not Bird Cherry Ermine)


Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford.











3 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, I think you're correct with Least Carpet and Mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all correct, Mark (pictures 3 and 7 are both caddis flies). The final Yponomeuta is indeed one of those which are difficult, if not impossible, to determine on sight.

    ReplyDelete