Wednesday 9 July 2014

Confirmation/ ID mop up

Ran the trap last night encouraged by finding a Muslin Footman on the microwave yesterday - but not much turned up - seemed to be clear with a bright moon last night.

I've a few which I've tried to sort out.

I wanted to see if the first one that seems to be turning up every time is actually Scoparia ambigualis or something else.

I think the second and third one is Mompha ochraceela.

The final one - sorry no size but I have a feeling it was about the size of a Willow Beauty, but maybe I'm wrong about the size and it's a worn Riband Wave. I was hoping it would turn up again but it seems not.

Mark Griffiths, Garsington, Oxford







2 comments:

  1. I think you have Eudonia (Dipleurina) lacustrata, yes to your Mompha and the last is the banded version of Mottled Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Peter, pity the Mottled Beauty wasn't in better nick.

    ReplyDelete