Thursday 17 July 2014

And finally

This is definitely the last few for the moment from Wolvercote, Oxon, and I hope to keep up with things rather better from here on in. These are all from the 14th, and are a possible Ancylis badiana; what I think may be our first Epinotia nisella of the year; a possible Gypsonoma minutana; and, I'm afraid, three micros which have entirely evaded us. As ever, all suggestions gratefully received. Steve and Xander Goddard.

Possible Ancylis badiana, 14.7.14

Possible Epinotia nisella, 14.7.14

Possible Gypsonoma minutana, 14.7.14

Unknown micro, 14.7.14

Unknown micro, 14.7.14

Unknown micro, 14.7.14

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, micro no. 4 looks like Blastobasis adustella to me - the arrow head shape on its back is fairly distinctive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, I agree with your ID of Ancylis badiana for the first one.
    Nigel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks, both: it looks as though Blastobasis adustella is a good default identification for anything I'm not sure of! (we picked up at least two more of them in last night's catch, too).

    ReplyDelete