Sunday 6 July 2014

A couple of new garden ticks

A reasonable catch last night at Marlow Bottom of 82 identified species included 2 new species for my garden.  The first, Lozotaeniodes formosanus, was slightly unexpected in my broad-leaved woodland habitat, though pine trees aren't too far away:


The second will be new whatever it is, though I'm not entirely sure of my identification as Bactra furfurana, so I'd appreciate confirmation:



I've added photos of Bird's Wing and  2 Large Emeralds, because I thought they looked nice:




A worn Green Arches had me confused last night until I saw the remnants of green this morning. Some of the others included, in no particular order: Mocha, Pretty Chalk Carpet, 3 Phoenix, 2 Miller, 2 Privet HM, Coxcomb Prominent, Peach Blossom, Small Emerald, Chinese Character, Buff Footman, Wormwood Pug, Lobster and about 10 August Thorns (I always get good numbers of these).

Adam Bassett

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam, that is indeed a nicely-marked furfurana. There are only about 20 Bucks records, all but one of them being from the northern half of the county and the Ivinghoe area, so that's a useful find.

    ReplyDelete