Sunday 22 June 2014

A small collection of micros, including an Italian?

In my attempts to catch up on our last few days in Wolvercote, Oxon, I've a few micros I think I've identified, including a species from last night new to us, but which I think Adam Hartley may have had last year: a Metalampra italica - a very pretty little species. From the previous night, I think we have a Pammene regiana, which we also had last year; and from the 15th, and rather poorly-photoed, what might be a Metzneria lappella. Any confirmation (or other suggestions) would as ever be very welcome. Steve and Xander Goddard.

Possible Metalampra italica, 21/6/14

Possible Metalampra italica, 21/6/14

Presumed Pammene regiana, 20/6/14

Possible Metzneria lappella, 15/6/14

4 comments:

  1. I did indeed catch a Metalampra italica last year on the 27th July - your photo certainly looks like one to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve. Blastobasis laticolella for the last one :)
    Cheers
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both -- damn! re. Blastobasis: but fair enough, Ben, I guess it probably was...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, both -- damn! re. Blastobasis: but fair enough, Ben, I guess it probably was...

    ReplyDelete