Sunday 30 March 2014

Warburg

Had a session at Warburg last night: 29 species. Lots of Common Quaker, 242 counted and inevitably many missed. Moth of the night for me was White-marked, which is first of the year for me but also first time I've recorded it at Warburg, and was also nice to see three completely differently marked Acleris literana. Also had first Streamer of year, Semioscopis steinkellneriana and Nut-tree Tussock also being first for 2014 for me as well. Pinion club membership consolidated as well with a nice darkly marked Pale Pinion. Like Dave W was also nice to see Herald and another Dotted Chestnut (also in  garden trap in Benson - have had quite a few this year). Having seen that Frosted Green is now out I should have liked to achieve something I have yet never managed which is to catch Frosted Green and Yellow Horned in same trap: last night had a singleton of latter but none of the former. In garden trap there was also another pair of Ypsolopha mucronella, but despite what seemed a brilliant night, the garden trap was otherwise a little disappointing. Marc Botham, Benson

White-marked, Warburg NR, 29/03/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment