Saturday 15 March 2014

Tiny caller at Thrupp


This very small micro was on a window pane indoors this sunny lunchtime and got in a tremendous tizz when we opened the outside door and a breeze blew in. Am I right in thinking that it is a Carnation Tortrix, Cacoecimorpha pronubana?

At all events, it makes a pleasant change from the worthy but dull procession of Common Quakers and Clouded Drabs which have been holding nonconformist meetings in my eggboxes since I last posted, albeit much fewer in number during recent cold and foggy nights.

Martin Wainwright, Thrupp, Oxon.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good for C. pronubana to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. if you ever do find a Nonconformist at a meeting in your trap that would be an excellent record! http://www.hantsmoths.org.uk/species/2239.php

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks as always - I so much enjoy and appreciate this blog. Not sure if trapping human nonconformists would be a good plan; as Andrew says, a big trap would be needed. But I hope to see one of the moth kind one day. Not that nonconformists have to be modest in their attire. My Dad was a Methodist local preacher but always reminded us that Catholics are also nonconformists, and they go for some nice colourful clerical garb. All warmest, Martin

    ReplyDelete