Tuesday 18 March 2014

Presumed Pale Pinion

Not a bad couple of nights, though the range of species isn't that spectacular - still, the night of the 17th brought nearly 30 individuals, including the one pictured here:

Presumed Pale Pinion, 17.3.14

I'm assuming Pale Pinion, but if anyone thinks it might be a Tawny Pinion, we'd be glad to hear it! I was also momentarily excited to find the moth below in our trap, before realising that Diurnea fagella has a dark form... Steve and Xander Goddard.

Diurnea fagella, 16.3.14


2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Looks like Tawny to me with that dark crest and the black tufts behind that. Fantastic! I need a garden like yours. BW, Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent - many thanks, Marc. That's a first for our garden (and will teach me not to be pessimistic with my IDs in future).

    ReplyDelete