Monday 10 March 2014

Hide and seek


It was good to read Marc's report of two Pale Pinions yesterday - and then to find this one this morning in my Robinson trap at Thrupp.  The only bad thing was that it distracted me so much that I almost missed three March moths - my first of 2014 - which were playing hide-and-seek on Mr and Mrs Robinson's very simple but amazingly effective rainshield.  Here's the one which hid best:


For the record - if that's considered useful; if not I can cut it out in future - there were also 33 Common Quakers, 8 Hebrew Characters, 5 Clouded Drabs and 2 Small Quakers. If butterflies may be permitted a peep on a moths blog, I saw my first 'wild' one in yesterday's amazing sunshine - a Small White, followed shortly afterwards by a Tortoiseshell and then, on a walk to Hampton Gay, three Brimstones and a Peacock. Bliss!  Martin Wainwright

No comments:

Post a Comment